I'm also still thinking about showing on of the micros in performance. I would LOVE to make props for something that small, but the hard part for me is the tack. I want to use the same horse for everything so the tack needs to be removable. I can make english tack, but not a western saddle. I found someone who does decent micro tack, but I would have to send the horse to her to get the tack made. I don't feel ok doing that. She seems like a very nice and honest person but I don't like the idea of sending my really nice, brand new micro to someone I have never worked with before. If I had an unpainted one I would think about it, but not my painted one. Time will tell on if I performance show a micro.
I also got the show tote re-worked, sorta. About 2 days after I got it finished I added a few new horses. So now there isn't any space again. I have been thinking about getting another one and making that tote just for the big, awkward horses. As of right now, I would have 3 or 4 horses in that second one and everyone else in the first one. I figured that it was only a matter of time before I needed a second one, that's why I decided to go as low cost as I could. If I get a second one, then I would have extra space to put the unpainted ones.
I still haven't made a decision on Tiger and Fancy. After trying to get her into the show tote, I was going to sell her since she didn't fit. Her base makes her a smidgen too big and I know that if I had her standing in there she would lose both of her ears. After doing some reworking on the tote, I found that I could lay her down at a slight angle and she would fit in one well on her own, so then I was keeping her. And now again I look at her sitting on the shelf and I want to sell her.
I got more pictures from Angelica of the newly finished resins. Sierra/Flicker and Bambi/Thumber are finished and I am in love again. I can never get over how amazing of an artist she is, and I have told her that about a million times. Bambi/Thumper were done in a traditional Clydesdale red bay with some nice high white socks. I like the Sabino looking ones, but I wanted these 2 to be a little more classic. Flicker is the cutest little baby bay and Sierra was done as a BEAUTIFUL blue roan. I wasn't sure how it would look on her at first but seeing her all finished I feel like it was a great choice. The next 3 are in different stages. Tiger will be a shaded bay Welsh and Kahlua will be a sooty Tobiano. I got Megaboom in the mail yesterday so he would be there by Saturday. Angelica found the PERFECT color and pattern for him, he will be a darker flaxen chestnut tobiano. She didn't send it to me with the intention of that being a choice for him, but once I saw it I knew that he would look stunning. I am hopefully in the works to get another unpainted Megaboom. This one I will do myself, maybe a black/white pinto or an appaloosa. If I get him I will decide once he gets here.
For the time being, I'm just going to try and roll with it.
Until next time, Happy Almost Weekend