Last Wednesday I decided to list a bunch of my model stuff on MHSP. I created something like 18 ads of mostly horses and 2 traditional Western saddle pads I got many years ago. On that first night, I sold all but one of the single listed horses and more than half of the bodies I had. In total, I sold 23 horses in 3 days. I'm not going to lie, I felt a little like a horse dealer last week. But they all went out with minimal problems with one waiting to be shipping on my day off and another waiting for payment. I had a OMG moment when someone from Scotland wanted my resin.I thought for sure that I would be holding onto that horse for a while, but she sold the same night I listed her. I'm a little sad to see her go, but at the same time, she and all the other horses I sold paid off all the paint work for the micros. Which makes me really happy. So with selling off a bunch of horses, my show strong has shrunk as well. I'm down to 3 Mini resins and 8 Mini Customs. I don't count the micros because it's hard to compare size to number on them.
On the show front, I will be sending most of my day off working on the props that I need. I also got the case that I need for the natural classes. I'm going to try and make a path and a hill and a fence line running along the path. I thought that I could possibly turn the base depending on which class we are on. I still have a decent number of props to make, but if I have to I can use some of my older props. They are still in good shape and would do just fine, but I like making new props for shows. I finally started working on the micro tack yesterday. I started making the pattern for the English set but getting all of the pieces to fit together and be the right size on the horse was harder than I thought. So I switched to the western set. I got almost all of the pieces cut out, now I just have to get them together in a decent looking manner.I used the black pleather stuff I found a couple weeks ago and it seems to be working rather well. I found the same stuff but in Brown yesterday, but the brown has more stretch in it than I would like. Plus the color is really ugly when you put it next to the horse.
I also picked up the rest of the micro totes that I wanted. I now have 2 for myself and 7 that I will be selling. All totes that don't sell at the shows will be put on MHSP. I'm not sure if I will sell any at the shows, but I thought that since there will be micro divisions at IA, I should hopefully sell a few there. I got a variety of fleece patterns/colors so there will be a few options.
Saturday I finished all of the saddle pads that I made for the show donations and the one that I was planning on use in the show. I was so excited to try them on a horse that I dug out I'm So Invited and my saddle to give it a test run. Turns out the pads I made are too big. Like they might fit smaller pebbles or possibly AA horses. I was pretty bummed. But, they still look great and I will be selling them as well. I have already started some new ones in a better size. My plan is to do a set of pads and 2 totes a week. That way I'll be done with everything to sell in about a month and will have a weekish to get all the other show stuff together. The hardest part of both projects is that they are both time consuming. Stitching all those small stitches take a lot of time and energy to make sure that they are right. The totes are hard because of the fleece. My new method involves taping the fleece to the foam so that it doesn't move so much when you take horses in and out. It takes a little extra work at the beginning, but it makes for a much nicer finish once it's all together and made everything a heck of a lot easier to put together. With the tape I didn't have to hold the loose fleece in place while putting everything into the wells.
On another pony front, I'm hoping that I have a micro coming to the house tomorrow. If it doesn't come tomorrow then it's heading to Ohio. I wasn't paying attention when I was paying for something on eBay and didn't change the shipping address from Ohio to Minnesota. I did email the seller and she said that she would correct it, but when the shipping notification came through it still said Ohio, which I expected. I emailed her again just confirming that it did get sent to the correct address, but she never answered me. With no tracking number, I have no real way of knowing where the box is. It said expected delivery date of Tuesday, so hopefully it will be here. We will just have to see.
Well, I figure now is as good as any time to go work on the totes. I want to get all of foam done tonight and maybe start attaching some of the fleece.
Until next time, happy crafting!