After all of the stuff going on at work, I didn't have much of a chance to take a break. I needed something to take my mind off of work and a few others things going on in my life. But for the most part, I got a few things done on the list.
- Get last years stuff organized and put away - done
- paint some of the unpainted micros - sorta
- Start planning next years shows - in progress
- Save for NAN - nope
- find a better way to organize the micros - not even close
With NAN a not-so-sure thing now, it changes the priority on a few things. I still have some funds saved up, but I haven't been putting anymore into the jar. Instead I managed to get a few more painted micros and a few more unpainted pewters. As of the beginning of the month, I had 18 unpainted micros, with 6 of them being resin. The rest are pewter. I managed to get a few retired pewters and a couple that had issues. Mostly just really bad prepping, so once they got stripped and sanded a little, they look great. I did find a new home for 3 of the unpainted pewters, which is nice because I have worked with their new owner before and I'm really happy that she is getting them. The bad thing that I have learned about getting all of these unpainted pewters is that many artists out there won't work with them anymore. I think I have convinced an amazing artist to paint one of them for me. I *think* that I am going to send my Roscoe to her. But they won't get sent out until after the new year so I have plenty of time to get it all figured out.
Here is a quick list of the unpainted horses that have come into my string:
- 2 unpainted Gypsy Vanners from Kelly Sealey
- unpainted galloping Andalusian
- unpainted Apollo from the subscription
-unpainted Windswept finally arrived
- Unpainted small standing draft
- Unpainted Dora
I also added 5 painted micros to my string. I might have talked about a couple of them before, but I can't really remember if I did or not, so sorry if its a repeat.
Black and White Tovero Rockwell - He is amazing! I love his pattern and how soft and fluffy he looks. He reminds of those big draft crosses that just want to be friends all day. No name, but he will be a North American Spotted Draft.
Liver Chestnut Galloping Friesian Mare - Sooooo, I had an unpainted one that I was planning on doing something similar to, but this one showed up on MHSP and I just HAD to have her. She has the most amazing tint dapples and the shading on this girl is to die for! Again, No name but she will be a Moriesian. I just have to find the proper references for her.
Buckskin Belle - The metallics in this micros paint are like nothing I have ever seen before. I'm not sure what breed she will be, but her name is Tia Dalma after the Bayou witch lady on Pirates of the Caribbean 2. It fits her so well, all the sass and spunk she has. I am in lone with her.
Dapple Grey Little Miss Fancy Prance - I know, I know. I just sold an unpainted one like 3 months ago. What the devil is wrong with me. I found this girl again on MHSP and something told me to get her. There was also another dapple grey Albus for sale at the same time, but something about this mare was different. When I opened the box and unwrapped her, she took my breath away The shading, the dapples, even the color of the base is just perfect for her. Last night I had her out on my side table (like I do with every new horse I get. Call it bonding) and I moved her so the tiny human wouldn't knock her over. She was slightly turned away from me and she looked stunning. I have never had a micro give me a feeling like that before. The only other times I have had that feeling was when I was around live horses. When they were doing amazing things!!! No name, but I'm thinking that she will be an American Saddlebred. Or a hackney? IDK
Rose Dapple Grey Rockwell - I have to say, I'm kinds bummed about this horse. He was up for offers, and I loved him in the pics. Once he finally got here and I opened him up, my heart sank a little. I don't think I would call him anything close to LSQ. Not only does he have seams on his legs, but she added length to his tail, which gives him a nice overall presence, but there is a seam where the new tail meets the old one. But the worst part, there is a thumb print on his hip. Like, the entire hip. There is no covering that up with some sealer. At this point, I still think I'm going to try and show him. I love his color and he so reminds me of my first horse Oscar. So right now he will share the same breed. He will be a Percheron/Tb cross. Not sure about the name. I don't want to give him my old horses name in case something happens and I decide to part with him. We will just have to see.
In other news; I sent Chipsa, Sitting Donkey, Apollo and one of the Gypsy Vanners off to be painted. I won't talk about colors yet since it's still too far away till they are finished. I'm hoping this weekend that I can take some time to paint 1 or 2 of the 6 that I prepped this week. We will just have to see. Oh, and I started messing around the oil paints. It isn't going well, so don't ask.
Until next time, Happy Late Winter