During that time, I sold half of my horses to pay for Dante's vet bills. All but 2 resins are gone and just a hand full of customs left. I basically have the ones that are really important to me left. I didn't go to a single model horse show this summer, but it's not like I had any chances to. There were a couple shows in Wi, but nothing that peeked my interest, mostly because they don't have performance divisions, which is what I live for.
I did manage to work on a few custom horses with the intention of showing them in performance if I ever got the chance. They are almost finished, but with not having a true deadline for them to be finished by, it's taking longer then normal. I did manage to acquire a couple resins in the last couple weeks. I got a Bronte resin with a broken tail, rear leg and missing an ear. And while fixing the one ear, I managed to break off the other one, oh well. That horse is all fixed and ready for some primer. I can't decide if I will finish her or not. I have an image in my head of her as a lovely soft dapple grey, but I don't really have a lot of time to do finish work right now. I did get a finished resin though. I got a Sheza Lil Pebble painted to a BEAUTIFUL Bay Appaloosa. She is mouth watering, I had seen her for sale for a long time and then the previous owner dropped her price and I jumped on it. I am in love with her pattern, but of course with no shows, she probably won't be shown.
But then, about 3 weeks ago, I got an email saying that our local mini show series was hosting a performance show in November. I just about fell over backwards. I signed up right away, I am even missing a local IHSA show just so I can be at the performance show. i will be showing 2 horses at the same time, which will be a challenge for me, but I need to push myself after how well the last performance show went. But as usual, I can't decide who will be going. The original plan was that I would show the 2 customs I am finishing and then sell 1 or both of them. But with this new resin who looks amazing in tack,I can't really decide.
The performance show is in 13 days and I still have a ton to do. I haven't made up cards yet because I still haven't decided who's going, so I am a little panicked. Oh well, I just need to focus and get it done.
Here is a picture of a fun project I did earlier in the fall. I bought a cart before Dante's injury and decided to make a harness while waiting for time to pass. this is the first harness I have ever made, it's not the best looking thing on the planet, but I think it will get the job done. The horse in the harness is one of the horses that I am thinking about taking to the performance show. I still have to fix the reins and finish the driver. She now has an apron and some new paint, in addition to fixing a few things on the harness, like changing the bit and thinning some straps. I will hopefully post pictures of the 3 horses soon and post them for people to see, and possibly vote on.