But now, this is happening.
After the show last weekend, I started really thinking about if I was going to go or not. I have plenty of horses qualified (37 to be exact) so I started looking into places to stay. I have heard stories about how expensive it is to stay in the area, with NAN and Breyerfest being the same week, things can get pricey fast. So I decided to look on the travel site I used for my Iowa trip, turns out the same hotel chain has a place near the same highway the horse park is on and it happens to be an 18 min drive to the hall NAN is at. AND its a very affordable price per night.
So I booked it.
The travel site lets you book rooms through them in a couple different ways. You can book and pay for your stay right away, or for like $2 more, you can book the room and pay for it when you get there. I used this option a lot because you can change your stay up until the day before you are suppose to stay. Yay!
The current problem is transportation. I had anyways planned on driving to Kentucky, but my mom said that flying is way cheaper and we could rent a car. Which isn't the cheapest option, but a doable one. The plus to flying is that the flight is 3 hours and we can still potentially have half a day to bum around and do things. Driving takes something like 12 hours. One way. Right now I am planning on being there for all of NAN and Breyerfest, with heading for home on Sunday. If I fly, I can go to Breyerfest for part of the day on Sunday and fly home in the afternoon or evening. Short flights like that don't bother me time/jet lag wise so I would be good for work the next day. The down side is that I would have to fly with my models. Which makes me very nervous. I posted a few opinion ads on Facebook and everyone who replied said that flying with Micros and a few stablemates would be super easy. Just wrap them well and put them in your luggage. I don't plan on taking every qualified horse with me. There are a few that have cards, but it would be nice to spend those entry fee dollars some where else. I could fit all of the Micros into 1 of the show totes and depending on the size of suitcase we take, fit it in there with the clothes around it as padding. OR I could mummy each of them and put them into some hard sided case with bubble wrap. But that would defeat the purpose of having the totes.
At this point it is still quite a ways away. So I don't have to have everything planned out soon. I know that I will be going to an All Yellow card show in the spring that I THINK will be good for 2018 NAN. If that's the case then I would wait to decide who is going until after that show to see if some of the horses will go in 2 classes versus 1 class. Either way I can wait. I started saving up money for the trip and have already hit my monthly goal for October. I listed a bunch of things on MHSP to try and get a little more funding for the trip as well.
So, hopefully everything will work out and I will get to cross 2 things off my Bucket list. T- 8 months, 17 days.