When I fist started working on this horse, I wanted him to be an all-round horse, something that could compete in Western and English. So I decided that he would have a short, trimmed mane that could work for both. But that just didn't look right on him, so I decided to put braids on him! I braided the tiniest braid I have ever done, cut and glued it into tiny little braids. The detail on them will most likely be covered when he gets primed, but they will still have their shape, so he will still look really cute.
I think this is the best horse I have even done. His neck is the correct length, thickness and he has some muscling in the right places ;) He leaves Tuesday with another horse to be painted. Know I have to think of a good name for him!